Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pre School Costume Party

Today at school, Anden had a costume party and they went trick or treating to all the high school kids' classrooms. He was so excited! So much in fact, that he wanted nothing to do with his costume this morning. Jer texted me in a panic, "he won't put it on and is throwing a fit!" I calmly assured him that he would be more than cooperative once he actually got to school. Luckily, that was exactly the case!

This year he went from wanting to be Batman (thanks to some crazy wings Jer found) to wanting to be a Robot. I held off on his costume until I knew for sure that "Robot" was his final choice. So Jer and I quickly pulled together a Robot costume the last couple of nights. We thought it turned out great!

Anden the Robot & Ryah the Witch

The back side

After school, Anden's teacher emailed a class picture. I was so excited when I opened it. Then my excitement turned to a mild panic attack when I couldn't find Anden in the picture! He must have wandered off and got left behind in the school somewhere! Then I found him. The only kid standing in the back....because his dang costume is impossible to sit in!! LOL

Next year we'll take functionality into consideration when we design his costume.

Oh, and his teacher did make sure to tell me that she had a good chuckle watching him try and climb the stairs during trick or treating. Nice to see she has humor like mine.

1 comment:

  1. "Okay kids, Everybody together,
    'Head, shoulders, knees, and toes,
    Knees and toes, knees and....'
    Anden, you're, not doing it!"
    "Teacher, I can't bend over!!!"
    "Everyone clap for the costumes..."
    "Teacher, I don't have arms!"

    The cutest little Refrigerator Box Robot ever!!
    p.s. Can he carry his trick-or-treat bag?
    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete