Luckily it also happened to be dollar day! All rides and games were $1! I was so ecstatic that I rushed to the booth and bought 2o tickets. Anden was going to live it up today! I excitedly ran back to him and immediately pointed out rides in every direction and asked which one he wanted first. Apparently my overwhelming urgency stifled him. He just stared at me and then finally spoke "I just want to watch the rides today" Huh?!! You wouldn't stop begging me to ride them at our pricey Anthem Fair and now you don't want to ride any of them??! That left me with limited options. Taylee's too little to ride, Anden just wants to watch them and Jeremy gets sick if he even walks in a circle!! So with 20 tickets burning in my hands, we walked around and "watched" the rides.
(To Anden's credit, the kids had colds and were being good sports by letting us even drag them there!)
After much coercing, he finally went down the big slide ride (only if his new tiger he won at the water gun game could come along!)
So we spent most of our day doing this...
and this...
Luckily his opinion had changed when the ride was over.
And then he found the game of his dreams...
Then we ventured into the kids "free" play barn area. Why did I ever spend money on tickets? They had way more fun in there.
And to finish off the day, we had to enter the petting zoo. Instead of tormenting the animals, as in years past, Anden decided to hug each and every single stinking one of them. Um, I guess that is still tormenting in some eyes? As for Taylee, I was a tad weary to let her walk around, she might have been mistaken as animal snacks.
Luckily he knew to steer clear of this beast. It was the only un-hugged animal in the whole zoo.

John Deere tractors, squeezey "milk dispensers, wooly "Hug Rugs," and height restrictions on kids' rides(which is an oxymoron)! Sounds like the Easter Idaho State Fair....without the Indian Relays and Tiger Ears? Same germs and toothless barkers!!
ReplyDelete