Gosh how did I get so lucky with my little family?!
My hubby and kids spoiled me nonstop on Mother's Day!!
My heart bursts for my tribe!
I seriously am one blessed Mama!!
They showered me with gifts first thing in the morning!
I seriously am one blessed Mama!!
They showered me with gifts first thing in the morning!
New camp/sport chairs...for whenever I finally get to actually sit and watch their games
instead of chasing the littles! lol
Then they really surprised me with a new MacBook!!
And then Eastlie even further shocked me when she threw something hard at my brand new laptop!!
Based on my expression I was truly horrified that she just broke it! lol
Taylee's expression is classic too! ha
Checking out the damage...while the big kids check out Ryan's look of disbelief! lol
Me pleading... honey I swear it's not my fault that things get broken around here!!
Phew, no scratches or dents.
Now to actually open it up and check it out.
And then Eastlie came in for round 2!!!!
Ok let's just put the laptop away somewhere out of the crazed toddler's reach! lol sheesh
Next they made me a delicious breakfast! mmm no work for me!
Well the behind the scenes story of my Mother's Day...is really that of the epitome of a Mother.
The previous day was the all day 4 games of football.
When we finally got about 430pm I was feeling nauseous.
I figured it was the usual heat exhaustion.
Well I was talking to my Dad on the phone and literally hung up
so I could start puking my guts out!! eewwwwhhh
As I yelled in a panic from the bathroom to Ryan to bring me a drink of water,
he yelled back frantically,
"I CAN'T!! LAIKLYN'S PUKING EVERYWHERE IN THE KITCHEN TOO!!"
lol what are the odds that we both started throwing up at the exact same time.
Needless to say it was a LONG night of alternating liquid out both ends from me, Laiklyn and Ryan.
Then in the middle of the night Taylee comes down to our room that she doesn't feel well.
Yep then she starts puking everywhere too!!
Another one bites the dust.
So Sunday morning was a ROUGH one as we were up cleaning up puke and poop all night!!!
Motherhood is real folks! haha
I love Mother's Day Sunday at church.
Anden's best friend's older brother was having his missionary farewell talk also.
So I pulled myself together and grabbed Anden to go to church.
(yes at 9am!)
We stayed for the first hour of church and then headed back home.
Anden didn't realize that all the youth got to go up front and sing a melody of songs for the Mothers!
Lucky him! :)
But at least I loved it!
Then it was back home to check on our sicky crew!
I was bummed I missed the 3rd hour of church where they give cheesecake to all the women
each year for Mother's day.
But lucky me,
one of our neighbors dropped me off a piece of cheesecake after church!
Ahhh how sweet that they realized I wasn't there! :)
So it was a long and lazy day of weaklings at our house.
I guess it was the same fierce tummy bug that Anden had caught a couple weeks ago.
The good thing is somehow he and Eastlie escaped from the wrath of it this time.
It hit hard but was quickly over. Just a 24 hr thing.
So we cancelled our plans to go out to dinner with Grammie
and laid low at the house all day.
Then we had our video chat with my Mom and siblings.
That's always a Sunday highlight and especially today on Mother's Day!!
Afterwards we just played outside and enjoyed the awesome weather and company! :)
How did I get so lucky for these 4 cuties to choose me as their Mommy?!
And how did I get so lucky to have an awesome Mother and Mother in Law as well!!
It was truly a day to reflect on my blessings and feel the love from my crew!

No comments:
Post a Comment