Pages

Friday, August 2, 2019

Nurse and Contractor Duties

Date: Aug 2nd

Well it was just me at home working solo today 
as Anden's Head Nurse
and also Head Contractor overseeing the Landscapers
oh and also entertaining the other kids!

I got Anden situated in my room.
He definitely milked the Mommy VIP treatment!
He had me bring down his xbox and hook it up,
continually refill his snacks and drinks,
help him to the bathroom,
help him back into bed,
etc, etc, etc.


On the back yard side of issues,
they finally leveled the side RV yard and prepped it for turf!
So crazy that a massive tree and 3 boulders used to be in that corner along with a big hill



The little girls couldn't resist staying out of the pool.
I felt bad out there swimming
while the workers were sweating away.
But hey, I couldn't let the girls swim alone!

Also the girls quickly learned why I told them not to run on the turf in bare feet.
Ya it's a million degrees in the hot AZ summer sun!!
At point point Eastlie just stopped, froze and screamed!
Both the worker and I dead sprinted to her.
He hurried and picked her up and handed her to me!
Oops first day of turf and middle of the summer temps problem!!




The overloaded patio! lol
And the patio door to my bedroom where I kept checking on Anden too.


These were the texts that I got from him ALLLLLL day!
Maybe I should have taken his phone away! lol


Back to playing with these cuties after I adjusted Anden's pillows. No joke.





Then there's always the "I HAVE TO POOP NOW" command from Eastlie.
So I grab her and rush her soaking wet into my bathroom.
Then the lovely plop on the floor surprise as I pull down her swim bottoms.
UGHHHHHHHH!!



What is it about swimming just coaxing out the poopies in kids?!?!
Once I disinfected myself, her and the floor...we headed back outside to resume play.

Luckily the worker was so nice to keep an eye on Laiky while
he laughed at Eastlie's urgent poop demand and me frantically running inside with her.
I did peek on them the whole time through my patio door just in case!
He knew I was solo with all these kids today and took pity on me! lol


Back to running across the lava grass and jumping into the pool!





Meanwhile.....ya he looks like he's doing just fine!


As I was feeing the kids lunch and getting them ready for nap,
the worker knocked on the patio door.
Each time he did that I knew it was going to cost me more money.
This time he informed me he needs yet another roll of turf!!
So I go outside and he shows me where he's laid it all out.
Crap he's right.
Clearly we should have relied on his math skills to estimate the square footage...instead of Ryan's! lol




So I hurry and call Ryan in Utah and ask what the heck I'm supposed to do.
He tells me to wait as he calls the turf shop and orders yet another roll.
He calls me back and informs me it's ready and to just drive the truck down there
and they'll load it and tie it down for me.
Sounds simple enough, right?!

So I put the monitor by Anden and tell him to hang tight for 45 mins while I run pick this thing up.
Told him to call me if the girls wait up.
I was on a short timeline to hurry and fit this in before they woke up!
Clearly I had no other options. 
The workers needed this today.

I didn't have time to change from swimming.
So in my bikini, little cover up dress and flip flops,
I climbed into the big red truck and drove that beast 20 mins down the freeway.
I pull into the shop and the forklift comes out with the biggest freaking long thing
and the workers put it onto the truck while I just stand there and gawk.
UHHHH this is not as simple as Ryan explained it would be!
And I'm an idiot standing in a tiny dress and bikini! lol

So I take a picture and send this back to Ryan....
"So is this the missile launcher you 
wanted me to pick up and drive down the middle of a busy freeway??!"

He found it hilarious.
Me, not so much!


Well I'm not one to back down from a challenge...and let's be real I had no other option! lol
So I thanked the workers and climbed back into my big truck
(while I could see they were holding back their laughter too!!)
and then I literally went 50 mph on the freeway the WHOLE way home!


I was cracking up laughing that I was gonna be pulled over
for illegal transportation of classified military equipment!!
I cringed every time I went under an overpass for fear I was going to hit the bridge!!
But alas I made it back home safely and even backed that 'thang up into the narrow RV gate
and positioned it perfectly for the workers to unload.
They were impressed and literally laughing when I hopped out of the big truck
still in my swim gear! haha
I guess growing up in Idaho did teach me some skills! lol
I ran into the house to find Anden asleep with the monitor by his head.
The girls were still asleep too! Phew!

Meanwhile Ryan's sending me pics of his relaxing time hanging out with our friends in UT!




That evening Poppy came up to help me with the kids.
What a relief to have another set of hands!
I got Anden lifted out of the bed and into the wheelchair to come get some fresh air with us.
He watched, while we swam!
Another restriction was no water on his incision for 3 days and then no swimming for 2 wks!
Poor kid!! 
We literally finished the pool a week ago and now he's banned from it!




Another beautiful sunset to complete yet another crazy day!



Later that night Laiky was over at her table drawing and coloring as usual.
She brought this picture over to give to Anden and said she drew him!
Complete with a stitched up tummy! lol :)


No comments:

Post a Comment