On Monday night we had
a little
FIESTA!!
Happy Seis De Mayo!
(Ya so I'm always looking for a reason to play!)
The Russos came over and we partied
Mexican style!
I quickly whipped up some decor
and a Taco Bar
We played,
we ate,
we tormented the tail-less gecko,
then we headed outside for our dress up photo session!
The girls are pros at pictures and perfectly posed!
Then the boys entered the scene and really shook things up!
They were quickly renamed
HoseA (Jose') and HoseB.
Yes,
that's our Gringo spin on Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
Eventually the adults stopped laughing at the children and chimed into the fun also!
Pancho Villa Ryan took his part a little too seriously!
(You know they must exist somewhere!)
Of course I could only keep the straight face for two seconds!
Then after the kids had run off to play,
Pancho Villa Ryan really took his role to another level.
Ryan made us the BEST Fried Ice Cream!
We made our way to the front yard to devour it!
Not sure where he's been hiding those cooking skills,
but they need to make an appearance more often!!
We seriously had so much fun!
And laughed so hard!
The next day I was telling one of my favorite co-workers,
who is my Dad's age and is Mexican,
about our night's activities and showed him pics of the kids.
He just shook his head at me and laughed.
"Katie, do you know who the only people are that don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Mexicans!"
I told him,
"Well to be exact, it was actually Seis de Mayo and I'm a light hearted white girl
just looking for a reason to laugh and play!"
And that we sure did!














No comments:
Post a Comment