Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Phoenix Christmas Eve

12/16/13

On Monday we had our Phoenix Christmas Eve.
Life has been so chaotic that we decided to skip the hoopla and
have a quaint little night at home just the four of us.


Ryan and Taylee went to pick up dinner.
The Clowns (literally look at Ryan's outfit!! lol) tricked us 
saying they had already eaten it before they got home!
They had pizza on their cheeks and an empty box to prove it.


But luckily they had another FULL box back in the car!
After dinner we read from the Bible 
and the kids acted out the real Christmas story!





While Mary was doting on Baby Jesus
Joseph tried to make an escape on the donkey.


The kids were good sports so it was finally time to open a present!
(and we all know what it's going to be even though Anden has high hopes of something diff each year!)


Christmas Jammies!!
And even an added surprise of new robes this year! lol




Then Mommy really made a big exception
and everyone got to open another present!
Looking for each other's Present #12!!
(Yes so I'm one of those anal moms that has each present numbered along with a secret holy grail master spreadsheet.  Hey I like to keep things fair and organized around here! lol)



Nerf Guns for all!!!
Should I be offended that Anden's smile is MUCH bigger than when he opened his PJ's?!
The boys got Lazer Tag guns that work with our iPhones.
Taylee got the new girl Nerf cross bow!
(Don't let the cute pink design fool you. That thing still hurts when you get hit!)


And the war surrounded me
while I dangerously picked up the house in the middle of it!


After baths we set out Santa's treats.
Per his request it's Milk and Carrots again this year.
Taylee always taste tests the milk for the big man.



Before we shuffled them up to bed,
I saw Taylee examining the little Nativity.


I snuck a picture and then just continued to watch her.
After staring at it for quite some time she then turned sideways
and duplicated the position that Mary was in.
Finally I quietly interrupted her,
"Honey what are you doing?"
Still deep in concentration she sincerely replies,
"I should have stood more like this so I could be just like Mary."
Tears instantly filled my eyes.
That was the perfect ending to our little Phoenix Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment