We had our Christmas Eve festivities on the 23rd this year.
Grammie came up to celebrate with us.
It was such a fun evening!!
First we had a fancy yummy dinner.

Then the kids got in their costumes
and acted out the Nativity while Ryan read from the Bible
There's always more bloopers than I can count! lol
But that's what makes it's so memorable!
Like when Mary (aka Taylee) placed Baby Jesus (aka Eastlie) in the manger (basket)
and Baby Jesus literally got stuck in there! haha
Then we gathered for a little lesson about the real meaning of Christmas
and to learn about gifts Jesus would want
I swear Anden was listening and participating.
But after looking back at the picture,
clearly I'm not as interesting as his luscious blonde locks of hair! lol
Well at least I captivated Laiky's attention! ;)
Then we each wrote our personal gift to Jesus
And placed it by the Nativity
It was such a spiritual and perfect little Christmas Eve Program.
We do so many fun festive events throughout December
that I always like to finish it off on a spiritual note to focus on what this is all really about.
We cleaned up a bit and then made Christmas cookies to set out for Santa!
The Christmas Tree was already overflowing with gifts.
Then Grammie showed up and unloaded tons more to add to the stash!
The kids were SO stinkin excited!
(especially because Grammie's are "fun wrapping paper" while mine just color coordinate with the christmas tree decor! lol)
Eventually we whisked all the little candy cane cuties to bed
so Santa could do his thing.











No comments:
Post a Comment