Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Idaho Here We Come!

Date: Dec 27th

We hit the road a day earlier than we had planned
and oh were we all so excited!!!
IDAHO
Here We Come!!

8pm and we're just starting our journey!!


I swear Ryan is way more excited than he seems 
to drive 13 hours through the night!! haha

Ryan was a total trooper as always
and got us there safely!
He drove 11 of the 13 hours...
in the middle of the night...
in a snow storm for half of it!!
Once we hit St. George it was pretty much snow storms the rest of the way!
The star wars kind that's actually really scary instead of pretty!
Nothing like going 45mph behind massive semi's for hours!!


Yes the rest of us slept the majority of the way!
Ok let's be real I can hardly sleep during these drives.
Every hour some kid (usually Eastlie) wakes up crying.
And I just worry about Ryan staying awake and alert.
So I wake up like every 45 mins to check on him.
So it's a brutal trip for both adults!! 
But hey at least it's a fast easy trip for the kids! lol
 
Finally about 6am Ryan had me pull over and drive a couple hours so he could sleep!
I'm not the best night driver...I get tunnel vision too quickly and too tired.
But I can handle sunrise driving! :)


8am stop for gas.
Holy crap what happened to our poor car during the night?! 
It was spotless when we left!
lol welcome to winter snowy roads!



Love the Wasatch mountain range!



Finally all the kiddos woke up!
Once we were 20 mins from Dad's house
I let them all pile together in one seat.
Yes I was summoned back there too!



Cruising down Pioneer Road.
One more house and we're there!!


Now let the real "Christmas" begin!
I need snow to make it officially Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment